Philly First Home Program
The Philly First Home Program has officially launched offering a home buyer assistance grant of up to $10,000 (or 6% of the purchase price – whichever is less) for eligible first time home buyers. This grant is to assist with down payment and/or closing costs. Grants will be provided while funding is available so act quickly to take advantage of the program. If you move or refinance before living in the home for 15 years, the grant must be repaid.
To be eligible for the grant you must be a first time home buyer or a buyer who has not owned a home for at least 3 years. Condominiums are not eligible for this program. It must be a single family home or duplex to qualify.
- Buyers must complete a home-ownership counseling program at a Division of Housing and Community Development funded housing agency prior to signing an agreement of sale.
- You must be a resident of the city of Philadelphia for at least 3 years and purchase a home in Philadelphia.
- Have a household income at or below 120% of the Area Median Income. (See table below)
If you have questions about these qualifications, call the Division of Housing and Community Development at (215) 686-9749. They will need:
- Your total annual household income.
- The source of that income (employment, SSI, DPA, etc.).
- The number of people in your family.
The table below shows the maximum income level (120% of AMI) to qualify for the program based on the number of people in a household.